Monday 10 December 2007

One of the things you notice studying in a Junior College in Hyderabad....is the miserable and incomprehensible use of the English language. Yeah...it shocks me! Why is it that all maths teachers are experts at mutilating this language? Why?
So, there are a few examples of the pearls, we get to hear in class

'Look at here' (it means-look at me!)

'Unemployment persons' (Unemployed people!)

'I saw you in Jubilee Hills with my wife,I was there with her to buy vegetables!'(Christ!)

'Government is setupping..a new project!' (Aww come on...)

'Husband died is Dead!'

And the winner is.........

'The word 'Associations' has how many 'vovules'?(it's not ovules...its simply, vowels!)

'Maths is a world of substitution....you don't wear the same shirt everyday...'
I am not saying that my English is flawless or anything...but there is a certain level of it to be spoken, after all my College proudly declares itself to be:
'LITTLE FLOWER JUNIOR COLLEGE'
(English Medium)
If you have a funny accent, its excusable....but errors like,'India is hasing a many population', I mean come on. Get a life people!
So...I guess you have an idea about how much people suffer in my 'English Medium' Khalege!!!!

No comments: