Sunday 9 December 2007

I study in a dump of a Junior College...Ok, I have already established this fact a billion times.
One of the most irritating things about of my College is the Dress code for the girls!
'Girls are advised to wear Salwar Kameez'
-Prospectus, LFJC...
Why? Why only the girls? The prospectus only advises us to wear Salwar Kameez, but the teachers enforce it like a rule. It's sick! India is supposedly a Democratic country. The Constitution garantees Indian citizens the right to express themselves. And the dress code directly violates this right of the girl students..
The thing is....our great new Principle...about whom most of my readers know..inflicted more pain on our shoulders...quite literally, now Girls have to pin their 'Chunnis' to their shoulders! Lol...I mean find me a girl who is ready to do that!
The thing that irritates me the most is the fact that the guys can wear anything they like. Not fair! This is First grade discrimination! So you get guys wearing shredded Jeans, torn Ts, low waist pants...sab kuch chalega for the guys...
Their explanation for the dress code..Girls will not be subjected to harassment. I mean come on..find me a girl in Lfjc who does not have a secret admirer..The whole arrangement sucks!
If a girl gets harassed, it's not because of the attire...it's more because of her attitude. Some girls deny this...they want the dress code for their protection....Please such girls should realise this very important fact. You can wear a low waisted Jeans and still be considered 'decent'! And one more thing....you will not be in LFJC for the rest of your life!
So, I am anyway coming to the end of my term in Little Flower Central Jail...I could not change the system....I hope one of my juniors or their juniors can finally bring justice to the girls in this College!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your damn right baap! I am your junior and I hate that bastard..........our so called Principal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1