Sunday 19 April 2009

Here's a post without a name. No, I am not saying there's a prize for guessing the name of this post, like you get for guessing fancy movie names.

This post is dedicated to the single most important guy in my life. He's tall, dark and handsome. He's funny, intelligent, caring, and understanding. He's been there for me all through my life, and I know he'll be there for me till whenever possible. He's given me all the things I can possibly ask for.

We've had crazy times and will have, like the time in Orissa on the beach, when we sat on the sand the whole time munching coconut, and just simply staring at the sea. The other time in the Andamans when we climbed to the top of the light house, and sang "On top of the world", at top of our voices. The midnight shopping spree in Sydney, or the crazy dancing on Ben's birthday in Goa. I can never forget the day, when you, me and thatha sat on the terrace drinking beer (sheepish grin), and watched India comprehensively beat Pakistan. The bike rides, the Sunday morning breakfasts, the long drives, the Kingfisher milds, the Ferraro Roche's, the zillions of lazy Sunday evenings spent shopping for second hand books on Abid's Roads, Oreo's, Bread and peanut butter, the terrace top barbecues, the frantic hunting throughout Hyderabad for Rawa Dosa at 11 in the night, just coz of my uncontrollable fetish to have one, weekend getaways, and just simply lazing around in the house doing nothing. The one you like the most, talking about life.....bah!, and just simply TALKING, sitting on the terrace. Or all times you used watch boring Test matches of Australia religiously, just so you can call me or wake me up when Brett comes on to bowl! The chudwa, the rasam, the shenagapappu tomato chutney, the brinjal-aloo-tomato curry, the chicken, Jamshedpur, and the Softy icecream..lol!

I love you daddy. I love the way you brought me up. I love the freedom, the trust, the knowledge you've bestowed upon me. Whatever good things I am today is because of you. I felt like killing myself when I broke your faith. I will struggle to do better, to be the best human being I can be, just like you always told me to be. I love the way you struggle to keep up the 'chocolateyness' in my life even now, or how you struggle these days to pick up the best clothes or shoes for me! I can never forget the day, last summer when we went buy me a Saree, both of us knowing nothing , nothing can ever replace those days.

You have and will always teach me the most important lessons of life. You guys taught me what love is, what trust is, what family is,what life is, I promise I'll take these and treasure these lessons and many more you'll teach me further on, throughout my life. I could not have done whatever I did till now, without you, and of course, Ben. We'll miss her forever, but will learn from her life, to live life queen life, or in your case, king size!

May the insanity, the drunkenness, the dances, the rasam, the Sasthas, CONTINUE forever and ever,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It was an amazing post.. Absolutely out of the world.. Am sure it will make ur Daddy's day nd make him proud of having "u".
A very happy bday to him... nd cheers to ur relationship...

Vijay VNA said...

Touching post.......such rich emotions, and amazing expression! Keep writing kiddo, the sky's your limit!

Sehar said...

hey!!
so sweet sneha!! ur dad must be really proud to have u as a daughter im sure!!
and yeah..happy bday uncle!!
take care and keep writing!!

Nikhila Joseph said...

Oh! My God Sneha, I loved it...never knew you could write like this. Ur dad must be really happy to have u, i am sure.