Monday 20 April 2009

A 'cool' girl and her monstrous 'Cooler'-1

SATURDAY

This weekend was one of the most free weekends of this semester. It was also one of the most fulfilling. On Friday evening, I was very low, and sad. So Curly Wurly and I decided its high time to get ourselves a Cooler. So, we went to Nai Sarak and 'checked out' what was on offer. Our eyes fell on this 'local body, ISI mark motor and fan". This was our choice no.1. Then it was another auto to B-Road, and saw another shop, and decided the coolers were too huge!

By this time, there were elephants running around in my huge tummy, so Curly Wurly, put our 'mission' on hold and proceeded to her favorite pasta place, and gorged on Cheese Cutlet Sizzler and Death by Chocolate. She got Cheese pasta packed. SO now with tummyfuls of Pasta and ice cream, we went to Nai Sarak and bought the 'local body with ISI marked Motor and Fan", "NLU Standard size, 21" by 21". Two grey monsters.

SUNDAY.

Curly Wurly's frantic phone call wakes me up from my afternoon siesta. "Cooler's coming! I am in the library waiting for viva". The much awaited beauty finally arrived. But they say, things are never easy, no pain without gain, and the like, don't they? Well it so holds true in my case. The grey monster did not fit through my balcony door. Yup. It did not. So the guy said, "ask the carpenter get the door removed, put the cooler in the balcony". I called up NLU Carpenter, and asked him to come, and he said he'd turn up the next day. That fixed, I heaved a supreme sigh of relief. Little did I know my troubles were only beginning!

The cooler was fixed, the fan and the motor worked, or so we thought. I switched it off, paid the auto guy. Then I came back into my room, yes! the monster is 'in' my room and not the balcony, as it's supposed to be! I switched on the cooler, and BAM! nothing happened! NOTHING! The thnig just simply stared right back at me! Then followed what seemed like thousand phone calls, to Curly Wurly's hostelmate, to the Gate, and to the shop, I was told to wait for an hour for the guy to come and fix it up. FIX UP A BRAND NEW COOLER!

Then she walked into my room. My not so near neighbor,she switched on the cooler and happened to touch the body. ELECTRIC SHOCK! More inspections followed, by more 'experts'. This was my not so near neighbor's gyaan:
Hey, I think he gave you a fake piece. What if during August you want to switch off the pump, and 'accidentally' touch the body? Your door will be locked and no one will know." I FREAKED out! Locked my door, and bolted to SN Halls, where Curly Wurly lives!

We checked and double checked and triple checked her cooler. It was fine. I decided to kidnap her for sometime, and took her back to NGH. We were sitting in the library girl's room when, the hostel bell rang and in came the 'cooler guy'. He replaced the cooler's pump! He even touched the runnning cooler to prove that there's nothing to worry about. My heart beat, slowed. I heaved a sigh of relief! Finally. Now the cooler's sitting happily in my room, waiting for the carpenter to put her in the balcony!

I spent last night in my cool cool room, with the monster for company, and watched the Chargers comprehensively beat the Knight Riders! A happy ending to a 'pretty amazing weekend'.

1 comment:

yellow said...

one question: where in the universe do you get Death by Chocolate in Jodhpur?
P.S.i'm glad you're alive :D