Wednesday 14 November 2007


Yesterday was just another day in hell(yup, me talking about Little Flower Junior College). The hours were crawling past, when all of a sudden, in the fourth period we had a free! Finally...and guess who was the substitute? It was none less than the Cobra queen herself. Well, she was a venomous Math teacher, whom we had to bear with last year. So here she was again, back with a vengence..
The great last benchers of our class(i.e; my two best friends in College..Sarah and Sam, a.k.a. Samriddhi and I), were bored to hell. Sarah completely forgot about the John Grisham she was reading...The atmosphere was soooooo uninspiring..
That was when I had a sudden revelation. I was all,"Hey let's play penfight!", well after that the rest of the class passed seemed to have passed away in a jiffy!
Now, what is penfight?
It is the perfect anecdote to boring, laconic, free hours! Or maybe it is the only 'sport' girls can indulge in Colleges like ours. Yeah..the only other 'sport' for girls is Throwball..well, I have never really considered it a sport. I mean....
Ok, now back to penfight...
Its origins are so deeply rooted in the Indian educational system, that it is impossible to trace the exact date or time or place. The son of a British officer, studying in India during the Raj could have been the founder of this sport. It is also highly probable that an Indian Babu could have been the inceptor. Or even a cool dude of our generation could have come up with it!
It is the perfect 'timepass' in educational institutions. Yeah, all that it requires is a flat surface...hmm..this is the most constructive use...that I have made of the loooooong benches in LFJC. And of course each player must have a pen. This is mandatory. Number of players can range from 2 to how many ever the bench can seat. The last remaining person to remain after all the pens have been knocked out, is the winner!
Ah..my heart aches when I think of the days spent in Vidyaranya playing this in classes..well, there we used to play other SPORTS too. I remember this once when Malashree teacher asked to us to write an essay on penfight! Well, that was a punishment. None of us really got around to doing it, anyway.
So, yesterday when Sarah and I were playing penfight..my mind wandered onto all this..and out came pouring this post. I wish I could divulge the secret techniques of this game..but sorry, secrets are secrets..and will continue to remain so...........
Okey , Sarah and I decided to play penfight today..so me gotta go and practice. So take care!
And yes, I hope you like my new layout..

1 comment:

Mythreya said...

yep as i ahv already told u i jus loved ur template...
and abt penfight yeah i used to play a lot of dat in my school....

nice description btw....