Sunday 25 March 2007

Oo! aaH! InDiA! Ghar aaja India!

It's all over . Finished! Nothing's left.
I promised myself that I would'nt waste my time pondering over this! I thought no more wasting blogspace! But , hell no! I could not help myself. This blog came pouring out of me! This just reminds me the kind of person I am! I am hopelessly lost, and I support this team full of not-so-invincibles! This team just promises soo much and delivers so little! I mean what can I say? I am depressed! Why are they going from bad to worse?
This WC , for me started out disastrously....when one fine morning in Feb, I figured out Brett Lee would miss the Cup.The fact that the Indian team were doing good kept me going. The way they massacared the WINDIES , made me feel they would atleast go to the Super-8! Hell ,no they did not!
They blew up , or rather were blown away in the by the Banglas in the first match! Then came the 413 against a paltry Bermuda. Finally , the curtain closed on the great Indian WC dream when SriLanka beat them.No, I am not feeling sorry for them! No.
What don't they have? Millions of endorsements, fat bank accounts, and yes a billion fans! What more do they want? And oh! yes a coach gotten all the way from Down-Under! I have noticed these days employing Aussie coaches is becoming a fad , but not working like the Aussies!
I mean the resentment among the fans in India is palpable.They deserved a much better show! Yes, I don't care what others think we are a nation of crazy cricket lovers! Ravi Shastri always says public memory in India is very short, show me a place where people cheered their teams when they lost?
I have an idea where the problem lies...maybe thanks to all the big bucks and the show biz our cricketers are losing their motivation to play the game.And in sports moivation plays a very important role! It is what keeps the players going!
Actually thinking about the defeat, reminds me that this has been India's worst WC since 1979.In 2003 , Ganguly gave us a big treat by gallantly leading the side to the finals.
The fact that our gr8 batting order wid a combined run aggregate of over 50,000 runs fails to click in any match, sounds life threatning. But yes this is what has been happening from a long time! This has to change!
Our next series is against Bangladesh in Bangladesh! Yes, Bangladesh!
The team and the management has a little less than two months to come up with a cleaning up act! God knows what they will come up with! Whatever it is it will not suffice! Cause this has been happening from a long time , and will change only if strict measures are taken!
The next WC is in our backyard and we hav to put up a good show!
So, ALL THE BEST TEAM INDIA! for 2011!

No comments: