Saturday 7 August 2010

Mid-(College) Life Crisis and THE RAT!

 The above term was coined by Sandeep Chaitanya aka Eccentric Highness aka Weirdo aka a fat load of other things.  Yeah, I am not kidding. The year started, I am not exactly the oldest , nor the youngest in the University. I am bang! right in the middle. When I got back to college after that amazing Summer break, I felt alone. Yes, there were no faces I could recognize! It was like I joined a new College. I missed the old faces, the seniors who had an aura about them, I missed the people who walked around the College and you know you respected them, nope no such faces this time around. Maybe I am too 'old' to look upto the current bunch of the fifithies, or maybe for me they will always be the 'third years' I met back in the first semester.

Geez, did I just say that? I mean back in the first sememster! Whao!

The fact that everyone's turning 20 and the knowledge that I am turning twenty in a little more that a month is also affecting my daily activities! Ahh, the unavoidable journey from being a teen to a tween!

Once classes started, everything seemed soo monotonous. The same people, the same faces, and infact the same jokes! Yes Pritha, you can get boring too, but that does not mean I love you any less. We tease the same people with the same old things, and the same places to go out to. I am sure you get what I mean. It's painful.

When I think of the first semester when tests meant getting scared, and presentations meant rehearsing in your room the night before, or moots mean working the whole week, and getting all nervous before a moot, just makes me laugh at myself, and how naive I was back then. Well, the best moot marks I got till now, in this semester was on a memo I made in about 3 hours! I think I am getting old.

I think this semester has gotten onto everyones nerves, how else do you expect so many intra withdrawals? We lounge classes and listen to Sastas the whole day. Somehow, our class comes up with new ones.

Everyday at dinner I see the same things listed on the DMD white board, I stare and stare and stare at it for atleast five minutes before I make a choice, and poor Dilip ji does not understand my dilemma.

THE RAT

The most exciting thing that happened in my class till now is THE RAT. Yes, ladies and gents an old dying rat made an appearence in my class earlier today. It went from inside the podium to the High Chair of our class. It sat there for about a little more than an hour, during which time attempts were made to make sure it stayed in its place. My class people were seen taking photos and videos of it, and Rao even got a photo with it, one of those Taj Mahal tip touching photos, only here its a big,fat, ugly, old rat!

People were seen getting all excited about the fact that it peed on itself! I heard someone say, this can be the reason for free attendance. There was also a lot of yelling, and running away from class!
However in the third hour, just after breakfast, a certain teacher shooed it away causing all the drama to end!

If this continues, this crisis, soon I'll withdraw to my room and will not come out, like Miss Havisham!

Here's one a few sastas to finish the post:

Sneha- I want to work in a place that rains everyday.

Pritha- GO work in the amazon!

Sneha- But I want Singapore....

Pritha- Amazon.com, silly!

(I know what this joke must have done to your brain!)


Ok, here's one from last semester

Surya- The barbers of India protested again, the name Billu Barbar, so they changed it!

Sneha- To what? Billu the Hairdresser?

(LAMENESS EXPOSED!)

Ciao!

1 comment:

Sandeep said...

"a fat load of other things"??? I m only "healthy"! Next time I will sue you 4 defamation and libel. !#!#$@%$^%$$^%^##@
And I did not coin that term Gprs.