Tuesday 31 August 2010

LIZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!!


"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!"

If you hear a scream like that at 2am in the girls hostel, the three things which any normal and sane person would think are
1.There's a boy in the hostel
   (The truth: Hardly a reason to yell)
2.There's a MURDERER 
    (Truth: Yeah right, no murders here, on the sleepy little highway)
3.There's a DRAGON/TIGER/think on those lines
    (Truth:It's desert remember? They would probably have died in the heat, even if they did not they would have never gotten past the 'security' here. Our guards would have never let them in without them signing in the visitor's book!)

So, 2am when I hear Princess Z call out my name in those Psycho movie "shower stabbing" tones, I drag my fat ass off the bed and run down the corridor, to hear more yells, the reason? 

"Snehaaaaaaaaaa there's a LIZARD in my room".

I reach there to find Aditi already standing there with a broom in her hand, looking like one of those macho mafia killers. Then it begins, the pursuit, the hunt. It is usually accompanied by people yelling, standing on chairs, or generally waking up the whole hostel! After what seem like hours of chasing, yelling, swearing, moving everything in their rooms and the lizard going into call nooks and corners it can in that room, it finally decides to leave.

To get the views of an average NGHite on the existence of Lizards, one must NEVER EVER EVER ask to Zara. It's like asking Hitler about Jews, or Tennis players about streakers!

Here's what she had to say "I HATE LIZARDS! THEY ARE THE WORST THINGS TO HAVE HAPPENED TO THE EARTH. THEY DESERVE TO DIE, EVERYONE OF THEM!" Here's another snippet about our li'l princess, she happens to be in the ENVIRONMENT COMMITTEE!

I think after exams, moots and Intras, lizards are the reason why most people lose sleep. I swear by what I said. It's not only the person in whose room the lizard is that is irritated, IT IS THE GODDARN WHOLE FLOOR! 

People have tried anything and everything from Peacock feathers, to Lizard killers, but no, those little bastards keep coming back! One fine day we were in the Bushy haired girls room, she saw a lizard on the other side of her mesh and yelled! OMG!She ran to a nearby broom and starts hitting and yelling at the lizard, and Pop! The lizards falls!
Saumya- Where did it go?
Sneha - Into the cooler it went, now you can euthanize it!!

Here's what Z has to say on the mentality of lizards during on of those tedious shooieng away sessions, " These Lizards, they will not leave till they have been shooed away. They know we are shooing them!"

The other day after classes I was on my way back to my room. I saw a triumphant looking Zara standing in the corridor! "Sneha I got a bhaiyya ji to shoo away the lizard in my room"! Yeah! Go Z!

Later on gtalk,
Z- I hit a lizard with a broom!
Me-Yay!
Z-I dont think it died!
Me- How big was it?
Z-I think it was about 5cms
Me- Zara, if you hit a 5 cm Lizard with a 2 footlong broomstick,
              IT HAS TO DIE!

Today I learnt that 'people' have chased a lizard 360 degrees around a room, and the lizard went on to the ceiling and gave them a mocking look!
So here's a little request to all the lizards out there :

   BACK OFF! WE HERE IN NGH HATE YOU, WILL DO ANYTHING TO SHOO YOU AWAY!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw tht "5cm" lizard.. it was 3 cm .. 3 cm head to tail... and UGLY!!! deserved to die!

Z said...

YUCK!!! yes, lizards should not exist!!! they r ugly digusting descendants of dinosaurs and they eat away all the food meant for the poor lil frogs, atleast a froggy has the potential to turn into a prince but a lizard is plain useless!!!!

Dharmita said...

This is the best piece I'hv read in a long time. Kuddos Lee !!
Ahh! Miss those days <3 <3