Friday 22 January 2010

Confessions (Sigh!) of a Serial blogger

People, lots of them have asked me a question,


“Why do u blog?”

Yes, why do I blog? It’s seemingly simple question, why do u blog? Why?

So, I researched and found out about blogging (it doesn’t matter that I have a test tomorrow, this is more important than that anyway), that a lot of people do it, that blog is a contraction of ‘web log’, and then my net gets disconnected. But undeterred by all this, I go one thinking…..

This is not like writing a diary, I wouldn’t write half the shit I write here in my diary, but yeah, over the last 4 years this blog has become my best friend, the sibling I never had. I find myself writing about things I generally don’t even think about, things which I am embarrassed to reveal about myself...This tiny space on the internet has literally helped me deal with myself, make peace with myself. I remember when I first posted something here, we were just packing to Goa, I remember finishing the post and running to the airport. Things were so different then, I had a home, a life.

All those homesick times, those sad and lonely times, those ‘trying to find myself’ times, this blog has been there for me. It gave me the courage to go on, to push myself, to live life. It makes me laugh that how I started blogging again thanks to two amazing friends of mine (love you guys...you know who I am talking about), writing makes me happy, and it makes me feel free. Some people say they find happiness in shopping, in eating, in running, in painting, I find happiness of the purest kind in writing.

From the time I penned down my first story (about ‘Gypsy’, the blue dog, when I was 6) till now, I figured this is one of the things I love to do, absolutely. I used to love those English assignments, Cecily teacher used to give in school, I used to love writing about shoes, about little girls with green eyes, and about cottages on hills.

I love my blog. It helps me relive moments, and cherish them. It helps me come clean. It even helps me make friends. It was there for me when I thought there was no one for me, ah, those dark ages (thankfully behind me now). It was my mum who wanted me to write, yes, I will write. I will write as long as I live and breathe. I’ll write about everything, of hills, trees and mighty giants, of strawberry lands, and chocolate flowers. Of cricket, football, and of Arsenal, VSFC, of Brett Lee, and of Andy Roddick. Of NLU, of NGH-4, of the desert, and of Hyderabad, of lawyers, and my friends…I will write. I’ll write in the rain, the sun and the cold winter breeze.



So, the next time someone asks me,

“Sneha, why do u blog?”

I say, “I blog because it sets me free…I blog, therefore I am”.

2 comments:

Vijay VNA said...

I blog, therefore I am?? lol...such revelations, hmm interesting post!

Sandeep said...

interesting! keep blogging...