Monday 25 June 2012

Brave

All princess need not have that flowing straight hair or the graceful walk or the Charming prince and Disney has showed us precisely that in its latest animated movie, Brave. 

Growing up, there was never a Disney princess I wanted to be like. Disney simply did not care to make a Princess with Wild unruly hair, a huge appetite and an innate stubbornness to do things her way, maybe Ariel was a bit like that, but Merida anyway is an antithesis of most princesses. Today while watching the movie I wished I was 10 years younger, but anyway at last I found my favorite Disney princess. As they say, it's better late than never.

Which other princess would ask a wish to 'change her mother', and ends up changing her mother into a bear, for all those who know me, it's something they all know I am very capable of doing. That is another very important aspect of the movie, it's not everyday that you get an animated movie that explores a mother daughter bond like this one does. 

The humour in the movie will well spaced and very nicely inserted. The Scottish Kilt joke is given a new 'look' in this latest Pixar flick. 

Unlike all the other Disney movies, there is no stalemate prince charming in this one. So much so that the Princess vies with the other suitors for her own hand, yes, she is just as wild an unruly as her curly red locks! The music and the accent in the movie were very original, refreshing and pleasant. A must watch if you like animated movies.

 I take Merida's words very seriously,

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?"

Maybe a good thing before I head off to Jodhpur to begin my final year of college!


No comments: