Wednesday 2 March 2011

SHEELAISM by SAINT BUSHY HAIR!

For most people who know her she is a kind looking ( yes, notice the word LOOKING) girl with a psychedelic choice in phone covers, but for others like me, who know her a little more than most people, she’s a little off the road normally taken. Well, on a cloudy day, after her TOPA moot she decided to embrace ‘Sheelaism”, and become SAINT Bushy Hair. For all the losers who do not know what SHEELA is, it is SHEELA from SHEELA KI JAWANI, from the very sasta movie Tees Maar Khan, but all this is not what this post is about!
This post is devoted entirely to the philosophy that is Sheela. As Bushy says, it is more than a song, Sheela Ki Jawani has a deeper meaning. It is a Bhajan, yes, people she even sings like a bhajan, so, if you catch her singing it, don’t be surprised.
Bushy says, there is Sheela in everybody, yes, that is why the lyrics, WHAT’s MY NAME? WHAT’s MY NAME? and you must find and embrace the Sheela in you. The song is the ultimate expression of feminism. And there is no specific dress code for the religion, or cult (whatever you choose to call it) yes, ladies and gentlemen, this interpretation flows directly from the line “I am too sexy for you” that translates to “I am whatever I am and I have self-respect for myself, and I don’t need you to tell me what I am and what I am not.”
When you are actually writing about a belief, it’s always prudent to give the two sides of the coin. Here’s a warm welcome to our other expert in this matter, “Hangover Man”, he simply disagrees with Bushy. He says, while sitting on the breakfast table, the song is an expression of Carnal Desire. Well, this made a bystander (bysitter?) quip, “Goddess of Carnal Desire”? Well, think about it folks!!
Yes, listen to this song again, find the inner meaning in it. Respect the belief, respect the Sheela in you, and most importantly, RESPECT YOURSELF!! So now its time for me to go wake up Saint Bushy Hair from her sleep so she can indulge in her evening rites. SHEELA!

4 comments:

Z said...

saint busy hair ki jai ho!!!
Goddess of carnal desire... LOL

Stage Left said...

This has woken up my MY inner Sheela!
Hilarious!xD

Your friend should write a book :P

Anonymous said...

another NLU sastaap!!

bushy hair.. stay away from chats!!

What a lame name: Hangover Man? You got to be kidding me! said...

Well it was "Don't mix the carnal with the spiritual",or something like that; but you have a habit of misquoting and half quoting, and quoting out of context. Not that anyone's complaining.

And Hangover Man? Seriously, what a lame name!

Don't quote me for this! (I had specifically asked you not to, but you never listen.)