Tuesday 14 December 2010

Writer's Block. I think. and I miss College.

As a girl born in the year 1990, the world around me then and the world around me now seem like two different universes. MacDonalds, Baskin Robbins, and Subway became household names thanks to the millions of USA returned professionals settling in India, pink slips there and BAM! they landed here, with families and all. Thank heavens for that. Looks like Bollywood has finally learnt the fine art of innuendoing ( if that's a word). Saif Ali Khan in Karan Johar's TV show is a good example ( Well, the statement in question can be called the epitome of all Indian innuendos, old and new). On screen kissing whether 'live' or in a movie seems to be going down quite well these days ( remember the furore raised after Richard Gere kissed Shilpa Shetty!) well now people kiss all the time (eg. Refer to Koffee with Karan's episode with Ranbir Kapoor and Imran Khan). Bollywood stars dress better, eat healthier, and SPEAK much better English, well I am talking strictly about the grammer and not the content. 

So, the only thing that seems to be constant is change itself. When I got down from Mandore Express in Delhi before the start of this semester break I felt a strange heaviness in my heart. It was something I'd never felt before. I slowly realised I am sad, I am sad that yes I will miss my friends from college, those silly people without whom NLU would have been unbearable. Who were there by me through thick and thin, and I know will still be there for me forever, I just know. 

I reached Hyderabad, and a few days later when I logged onto Facebook I realised I wasn't the only one who felt that way, the whole classes's status messages seemed to be echoing the same thing, yes, we were all missing college. I can't wait to get back to college this time, though I sincerely doubt if I'd be feeling the same way on the day I am actually supposed to be leaving, the things lined up for this semester are mouth watering! Yes, It is that time of the year when all NLUites head down to the football field, when I frequently frequent Geoffreys, and make a few extra memos and presentations, yes! It is LEX LA LIGA time! The team this year looks strong, and I know we are in with a good chance this year.

Whether its interning under a judge, making friends with lawyers in court, early morning singing lessons, eating kebabs in unknown places in the Old City, or going to a Conference and bringing home old professors home for dinner, these holidays till now have been quite entertaining. I have explored the Old City to my heart's content and here's a big thank you to my guide, and fellow foodie Edward. Cheers! The Old City can be called the heart of Hyderabad where the 'Chalta hain' attitude is at it's best and there's always the smell of Dum Biryani or Shish Kabab wafting through the air. The people here have a heart of gold, yes Anwar Bhai the Naan wala outside the CAT gives us an extra naan for free if we have curry left, bless him!

So, here's Happy Holidays to everyone and Enjoy the Season! 

Cya someother time when I do something drastic like this to try and overcome the WRITER's BLOCK!

(This post is dedicated to Sandeep Chaitanya, thanks man!)


No comments: