Wednesday 3 February 2010

It's Contagious, this Football Fever!

It was one of those days, those days when you wake up in the morning, and look out of your room balcony, and see a pretty picture of a blue sky, and a green football field, and the lovely brown buildings of our college, and say to yourself, looks like it's gonna be a nice day. Then ofcourse I got into my preCRE rituals, like finishing the memo, and ironing the moot clothes and stuff.

I went to the mess with my not so near neighbor, and finally got my memo printed. Slowly the second hour dawned upon us, and the first good thing of the day happened, Sunshine, actually rebutted! Yes, he walked up the judge, and said teh counsel has three rebuttal points! I should have known then, and in the third hour, my CRE went off without a glitch! Socio test was good too, and these were only lil pleasures before what was to come.

At five 10, I reached the football ground with Chirpy, and Cheery(since a particular someone was not happy with the name I gave her last), and ran off again to buy water(my job!). Sometime during the first half, Sunshine walks upto me, here's what happened:

Sunshine-Hi (with that radiating smile)

Me-Shove off! (and starts pushing him away....)

Sunshine- Arre, you were supposed to treat me na, for what?

Me- If my team wins.......

Sunshine- (in another language) You'll never win, not against them!
(just then Iki goes all out and heads one right into the goal!!) MASS HYSTERIA FOLLOWS

Nicely done, Sunshine....you are the best!!!
And in the second half, TBITRS tops it off with another one, he had viral, and is still recovering. And we beat the top team, the glamozons! And as Captain Courageous puts it, "He has fever man!" And TBITRS also become Man of the Match. Footie fever, or frenzy, whatever you call it, we caught it too! And yeah, an honorable mention to our AWESOME goalie, YOGI!! What keeping, getting better with every match. And Vishnu and ofcourse the BIRTHDAY BOY, what play! As Shitty said, "Good FootBall!"

My team played like a force, all amazing play. The night was topped by some pub hopping, and another tequila shot, and WONDERWALL!!

Next match, Friday, against Foza Neri...let's see who's the better FORCE!!

No comments: