Thursday 17 May 2007

Oops! I did it again..

I know. I did it. I couldn't help it. I ditched Orkut, yet again. And this time people its not my fault. It just so happened ,that an ultra curious hacker found my yahoo id( which I conveniently displayed on Orkut), very fascinating and....there went my Yahoo account. My good friend Nihari complained about a bad email she had received...and, I decided to close my Orkut account.


Well, this was just a catalyst, I had been thinking about getting out of orkut , from a along time. I found it boring. Yes, at first you are all excited at how your mates can 'scrap' you. Then you suddenly realise that you have to keep refreshing the damn page to read every scrap or even to reply.
I did make a few good friends, love you Sanjana, Kavika, Lola, I promise to keep in touch. I got to read a few poems. I got good reviews for my not-so-deserving poems. I the worst part is....I had 112 friends and I was a part of 140-odd communities. I don't even know why I had joined them. I mean, why do people make random communities like hotdog, i-love-something communities?
And ,yes, maybe there should be a community for people who join Orkut to just read other people's profiles.
Anyway, what happened , just happened. If there comes a time when I want to go back to Orkut, I have a zillion friends, who can give me the 'precious Orkut invitation'.
And yes , non-Orkuters(well, I do not think there are any who have not got the taste of Orkut, if there are any, well, I guess monuments are to be erected in your honour ,guys!!!), there is nothing that you are missing by not being in Orkut. You are just not contributing to the save-my-girlfriend fund of Mr.Orkut.
This is another infuriating fact...he makes money every time you open an account, every time you visit someone's profile, everytime you add someone,or someone adds you, or even everytime you log out!
Ok, I have to leave now! bubye!!


1 comment:

Abhishek Ghose said...

Hi,

I was browsing for some bugs/viruses or just details about orkut in general..when i came across this post.... someone got ur yahoo id and the password?