Friday 15 February 2008


International Cricket is going through a difficult phase..yeah, with all the boohoo that's been raised about the stress related sabbaticals, the Australian dilemma over the IPL, and the number of players seen retiring from their national team, to join the IPL. Now what exactly is the IPL? Well, do I really have to explain? I am sure there isn't single soul who does not know it..I'd like to think of it as Corporate India's meddling with the game..This has seriously disturbed the equilibrium that had existed within the game, the spirit of bonhomie among the nations.
I don't know what's happening to the cricketers, why are they so caught up with the IPL? I can't understand the need for such money..Why are they behaving like this? What don't they have? And cricketers like Fleming, Rafique, why are they quitting? Fleming? I thought he was one of the very few sensible people in world cricket! I can't believe he's doing this for money..
I am not too sure what this league is going to do to world cricket..We've seen the Indian Cricket League, the brain child of the ZEE Group. I didn't find it that intresting, and I don't think it was a success. I actually managed to catch a few matches and seriously, they bored me to death...yeah, they did.
And think of the poor fans who watch the game? Can they adjust? After years of supporting the Men-in-Blue, in all faithfulness, can they change loyalties as often as the league demands them too? Can a kid who idolised Sachin all through his life , hope and pray that he gets out quick, the next day? And can the kid shift back to supporting Sachin , the next time he dons India colours???????Well, I am leaving it for you guys to decide...
I am just waiting and hoping that Brett joins the league...well, I can't wait to see him again.....lol!
Now, coming to Tait and his problems..when I first saw Tait, I thought he was an ok type bowler, and yeah, he looks kinda cute too. No, he didn't sweep me off my feet when I first saw him bowl....naa, infact I thought he was extreeemly erratic. And I finally thought he was coming together during the WC in the Windies...well, after that he gets injured, and is back to square one, during the Test Series against India..then..he blows the bomb! Right after the series...I am not sure why he took the decision.
Lou Vincent? What's gotten into him? Marcus Treascothick..it all started with him...Or maybe, they are all right..playing international cricket is a stressful thing to do..players have to often cope with hectic schedules, busy plane trips, long days away from home( think of Steve Harmison, his quality of bowling is directly proportional to his distance from home..isn't it?), and other such things..
I thought it was awfully brave of these cricketers to have come out with their problems, and most of all to admit they have problems..
And I wish Shaun Tait comes back as soon as possible. When he comes back I am sure his team mates will take him under their wing, and we'll definetly see improvements!
I guess that's all for this post..and I shall not be posting anything till my boards are done..
Well, see you all on March the 19th(hopefully...If I am still breathing then..that is....).

No comments: